Respect The Bulb
Make the switch to LED! These cost-saving bulbs are available in a variety of shapes, designs, and sizes, as shown at left.
- Consider the lumen output to ensure you have enough light for the area.
- Select bulbs with color temperatures at the warm end of the color spectrum, between 2700K and 3000K - for sufficient illumination and a good balance.
For lighting fixtures with exposed bulbs, try a vintage-inspired LED bulb option (shown at left).Shop Bulbs
Take into account the size of your room and select the right-sized fixture to achieve proper illumination and maintain style continuity.
- Tall chandeliers, large pendants, & long sconces are a perfect match for high ceilings or open floor plans.
- Smaller vertical fixtures mounted on either side of the bathroom mirror are best for makeup and shaving.
- When selecting a chandelier, add the width and length of a room and use this number in inches as the approximate diameter of the chandelier. Example: If a room is 12' wide and 16' long, add 12+16=28. The minimum width would then be 28".
When selecting a lighting fixture, use the tips the pros know to create a space that is functional, well lit, and beautifully illuminates your style.